WELCOME INCOMING FRESHMEN!
The Opportunity Scholars Pre-Orientation Activity begins before the normal Fall Orientation and will give you a head start on your Mercer career. Through mock college courses, Mercer faculty and staff members will teach you the skills you will need to be a successful Mercer student. Specific workshops, such as study tips, time management, and stress management, as well as academic assessments will be presented. The last part of the program consists of getting to know others, learning your way around campus, and meeting other Mercer students. You will receive one hour of academic credit for participating in the program.
THE PERKS OF THE PRE-ORIENTATION ACTIVITY
Gain a 1 hour Academic College Credit for your four day Opportunity Scholar experience
Get acquainted with Mercer before the rush of Orientation
Get to know important campus personnel
Take classes taught by Mercer faculty to aid in transitioning from high school to college
Get a head start in acquiring information to help your academic career choices
Explore the city of Macon and make lasting friendships during social activities
- Move into your Residence Hall early!
ONCE THE WEEK ENDS
- The choice to enter the Opportunity Scholars Program
- Workshops for academic, personal, financial and career success
- 1-on-1 sessions with the OS counselors by choice
- Assigned ambassador to mentor you through your first year
- Scholarship & Fafsa assistance
- Career development tools and guidance
- All years of your MU experience!